Admissions and Records
Getting Started Programs of Study About Temple College Student Resources Quick Links

Residency FAQ’s

Q: What is the difference between in-district, out-of-district, and non-resident?
A: Residency status is determined at the point of application submission. If you live in Temple AND pay Temple College taxes, you are considered in-district. If you do not pay Temple College taxes you are considered out-of-district. Non-resident is a student who has not lived in state for 1 year. For residency requirements, please see the Temple College catalog under admission to college.
Q: How do I change my residency?
A: If you move from out-of-district to in-district, you must provide proof of residency and have lived in-district for six months before your residency will be changed.
If you move from non-resident to in-district or out-of-district, you must provide proof of residency and have lived at your residency for one year before your residency will be changed. Documentation accepted to show proof of residency is located in the Temple College Catalog under admission to college. It is is the student’s responsibility to change his/her residency, and the burden of proof is on the student.

For more information please contact Admissions and Records at