Admissions and Records
Getting Started Programs of Study About Temple College Student Resources Quick Links

General FAQ’s

Q: How do I get proof of enrollment?
A: Complete a Verification of Enrollment form – may be picked up next business day after 9 a.m. To download this form go to , click on Admissions and Records, scroll down to Verification of Enrollment form.
Q: The last name on my form is wrong because I got married/divorced. How do I get my name changed on my records?
A: This must be done in person at Admissions and Records located in the One College Centre. Student must present either a valid driver’s license AND a valid Social Security card with the new name, OR a copy of their marriage certificate/divorce decree, and fill out a change of information form.
Q: Where can I get a Catalog?
A: The Catalog changes with each academic year (fall through summer) and can also be found at our website. Go to, click on Admissions and Records, scroll down to College Catalogs.
Q: Where can I get a Schedule of Courses?
A: The Schedule of Courses changes every semester. You can view the current schedule on-line at our website, click on course schedule.
Q: How do I get a course description?
A: Go to, click on Admissions and Records, scroll down to College Catalogs.
Q: Can I register online?
A: Yes, if eligible (TSI complete in all 3 areas) and if online registration is open at that time for the semester in which you want to register. Students who are on “hold” for academic, financial, or other reasons may not register online. First-time students must see an academic advisor.
Q: How do I get my grades at the end of the semester?
A: Once the semester has ended and grades have been processed, you can view your courses and grades on your TConnect account. If you have any holds such as tickets, or financial aid, you will not be able to view your grades until your holds have been removed.
Q. When does next semester start?
A: You can check the Academic Calendar for the most current information. You may view the online Academic Calendar by going to www.templejc,.edu, click on Admissions and Records, scroll down to the current College Catalog, click on the catalog, and then click on Academic Calendar. Generally Fall Semester begins in late August. Spring Semester begins in mid January, and Summer Term begins the beginning of June. However, exact dates may change from year to year. Also, there are always classes that may start earlier or later than the normal term starting date.
Q: When is the last day to drop, apply for degree, last day of classes, etc. for the current term?
A: All of the important dates for full-term classes are available in the Academic Calendar. You may view the online Academic Calendar. Go to, click on Admissions and Records, click on college catalog, then click on Academic Calendar.
Q: What is the difference between in-district, out-of-district, and non-resident?
A: Residency status is determined at the point of application submission. If you live in Temple AND pay Temple College taxes you are considered in-district. If you do not pay Temple College taxes you are considered out-of-district. Non-resident is a student who has not lived in state for 1 year. For residency requirements, please see the Temple College catalog under admission to college.
Q: How do I change my residency?
A: If you move from out-of-district to in-district, you must provide proof of residency and have lived in-district for six months, before your residency will be changed.
If you move from non-resident to in-district or out-of-district, you must provide proof of residency and have lived at your residency for one year before your residency will be changed. Documentation accepted to show proof of residency is located in the Temple College Catalog under admission to college. It is the student’s responsibility to change his/her residency, and the burden of proof is on the student.
Q: What is Academic Fresh Start?
A: If you’re a Texas resident and apply for admission (or readmission) to Texas public colleges or universities and enroll as an undergraduate, you may be able to begin a new course of study with a clear academic record.
If you have credits for college courses taken ten or more years prior to the planned enrollment date, those credits (and grades) can be ignored for enrollment purposes under the "Academic Fresh Start" Law.
Please remember: This is an all-or-nothing option. You cannot pick and choose which courses to ignore and which courses to count. If you choose the "Academic Fresh Start" option, you will not receive any credit for any courses you took at least ten years ago. Once processed, this is an irreversible decision.
This means that courses taken previously:
  • Cannot be used to fulfill new prerequisite requirements;
  • Cannot be counted toward your new degree; and
  • Will not be counted in your new G.P.A. calculations.
These courses will NOT be removed from your Temple College transcript, beside the courses a code FGV will be used to indicate these courses have been ignored.
This will NOT have any effect on your TSI status.
Academic Fresh Start clears only your academic record. When deciding your eligibility for financial aid, the school must still count all prior credits earned. If you earned a graduate degree prior to enrolling as an undergraduate under the Academic Fresh Start option, you will only be eligible for aid available to graduate students. Contact the Director of Financial Aid for more details.

For more information about Verification of Enrollment, please contact Eva Garcia at

For more information please contact Carey Rose at